Welcome to CWAT App (the “Platform”). The Platform is provided or controlled by CWAT APPS PVT.LTD., a company registered in the State Maharashtra, 505/x15, Embassy CHS, Shastri Nagar, Andheri west, Mumbai – 400 053 in the County of India (“we” or “us”). We respect and are committed to protecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By accessing or using our website, services, applications, products and content (that include but are not limited to the Platform) (collectively, the “Services”), you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
1. The Types of Personal Data We Use
We may collect and use the following information about you:
- Information you give us.You may give us information about you by accessing or using our Services or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register for and/or use the Platform, such as your user profile, information about your device, your browsing records, the comments you make on our Platform, as well as account and billing details, including but not limited to, your Apple, Google or Windows account, PayPal or other third-party payment channel account where required for the purpose of paying or withdrawing cash. The information you give us may include your name, State ID number, address, email address, social media login details, telephone number, credit or debit card information. It also includes information that you give to us, such as a picture, video or other file type that you may choose to post on our Platform.
- Information you choose to share from your social networks.If you choose to link the Platform to your social network or public forum account (such as Facebook or Instagram), you may provide us or allow your social network to provide us with information from your social network or public forum accounts. This data may include your use of the Platform on such public forums and/or social networks. For further information, as to how and for what purpose the social network provider processes your data, please see their privacy policies.
- Information we collect about you.We automatically collect certain data from you, including IP address or other unique device identifiers, Cookies (as defined below), mobile carrier, time zone and locale setting, mobile or device model, operating system and platform and information regarding your use of the Platform. We may also collect information about linking your contact or subscriber information with your activity across our Platform or by linking your activity on our Platform across all your devices using your email or social media log-in details.
- Behavioural information we collect about you.We also collect information regarding your use of the Services, e.g. profiles and your presumed and explicitly shared interests, alongside marketing information such as opt-ins and communication preferences. We collect engagement scores (“likes”, comments, repeated views) and relate users based on your behaviour. Finally, we collect opt-ins and communication preferences.
- Location data.When you use the Platform on a mobile device, we may process information about your location, including location information based on your SIM card, IP address or mobile device location settings, and if activated on your mobile device, by use of a Global Positioning System (GPS). We may use such information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising and other personalized content. If you do not wish to share your GPS location with us, you can switch off GPS functionality on your mobile device.
- Metadata.When you upload a picture, video or other filetype to the Platform (“User Content”), you automatically upload certain metadata that is connected to the User Content. In essence, metadata describes other data and provides information about your User Content that will not always be evident to the viewer. In connection with your file the metadata can describe how, when and by whom the piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted. It further includes information such as your account name that enables other users to trace back the file to your user account. Metadata will further consist of additional data that you chose to provide with the User Content, e.g. any hashtags used to mark keywords to the post or comments.
- Information from third parties.We may receive information if you use any of the other websites we operate or other Services we provide.
We use the following Cookies:
- Strictly necessary Cookies.These are Cookies that are required for the operation of the Platform. They include, for example, Cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the Platform.
- Analytical/performance Cookies.They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Platform when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Platform works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality Cookies.These are used to recognize you when you return to the Platform. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting Cookies.These Cookies record your visit to the Platform, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the Platform and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
“Do-not-track” signals are preferences that users can set on their web browser to limit how their activity is tracked across third-party websites or online services. The Platform does not respond to “do-not-track” signals in your web browser.
3. How We Use Your Personal Data
We will use the information we collect about you in the following ways:
- to administer the Platform (i.e. to provide our Services to you) and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes (i.e. to guarantee the Platform’s stability and security) and to solicit your feedback;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Platform, when you choose to do so;
- to personalize the content you receive and provide you with tailored content that will be of interest to you;
- to improve and develop our Platform and conduct product development;
- to measure and understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others;
- to provide you with services based on the country settings you have chosen, such as advertising and other content that is related to the country settings;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Platform about goods or services that will interest you or them;
- to allow other users to identify you via the “Invite friends” function as a user of the Service, to allow you to find other users and to connect with them on the Platform, and to support the socializing function of the Services;
- to provide you with your profile information to send to anyone you choose and to enable you to participate on the Platform and interact with other users;
- to make your information available to other users in accordance with the privacy settings you chose for the respective information;
- to show you content that is similar to content you liked or interacted with (by commenting and/or watching the content), content from your region as well as content from users you follow;
- to show you advertisements that are relevant to you;
- to promote the Services and use information that you give to us, such as User Content that you can choose to post on our Platform, as part of our advertising and marketing campaigns to promote the Platform;
- to help us detect abuse, fraud, and illegal activity on the Platform;
- to notify you about changes to our Services;
- to communicate with you.
- to provide you with user support;
- to enforce our terms, conditions and policies;
It is in our legitimate interests to promote the Platform, and by agreeing to comply with this policy you agree that we may use information that you give to us, such as User Content that you may choose to post on our Platform, as part of our advertising and marketing campaigns to promote the Platform.
4. How We Share Your Personal Data
We may share your personal data with selected third parties in or outside your country, including:
- our business and philanthropic partners so that we can make you special offers via the Platform;
- with respect to on-screen ads, advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve advertisements to you and others. We will not share your contact details with our business parties so they will not contact you directly, but we will share other information so that they can make you offers tailored to your requirements;
- cloud storage providers to store the information you provide and for disaster recovery services, as well as for the performance of any contract we entered into with you
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of the Platform.
- IT service providers;
- Our data centre and the servers of our host providers.
We may share your information with any member or affiliate of our group, which includes our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, and companies that we control, are controlled or under common control, and our service providers and strategic business and philanthropic partners, and their respective subsidiaries, in each case in or outside your country, for the purposes set out above (“How We Use Your Personal Data”).
We may share your information with law enforcement agencies, public or tax authorities or other organizations if legally required to do so, or if we have a good faith belief that such use is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with a legal obligation, process or request (including tax and related reporting requirements);
- enforce our Terms of Service and other agreements, policies, and standards, including investigation of any potential violation thereof;
- detect, prevent or otherwise address security, fraud or technical issues; or
- protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users, a third party or the public as required or permitted by law (including exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
We may also disclose your information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- if we sell, buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses, or sell some or all of our assets. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets.
5. The Security of Your Personal Data
We take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this policy. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, for example, by encryption, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted through the Platform; any transmission is at your own risk.
We have appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk of varying likelihood and severity for the rights and freedoms of you and other users. We maintain these technical and organizational measures and will amend them from time to time to improve the overall security of our systems.
We will, from time to time, include links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any information to these websites.
6. Data Retention
We use the following criteria to determine the period for which we will keep your information:
- our contractual obligations and rights in relation to the information involved;
- legal obligation(s) under applicable law(s) and regulations to retain data for a certain period of time;
- statute of limitations under applicable law(s);
- our legitimate business purposes; and
- disputes or potential disputes.
We will not retain sensitive personal data or information for longer than is required for the purposes for which such information may be lawfully used or is otherwise required under any law for the time being in force.
After you have terminated your use of our Services, we can store your information in an aggregated and anonymized format. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we can also retain any personal information as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, allow us to resolve and litigate disputes, and to enforce our agreements.
7. Information Relating to Children
The Platform is not directed at children under the age of 13. Users under the age of 13 are not allowed to use the Platform or register an account on the Platform. If we become aware that personal data has been collected from a person under the age of 13, we will delete this information and terminate the person’s account. If you believe that we may have personal data about or collected from a child under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how we process your personal data, please contact us in the first instance at email@example.com and we will endeavor to deal with your request as soon as possible. This is without prejudice to your right to launch a claim with your data protection authority or follow the dispute resolution process provided in the Terms of Service.
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to generally notify all users of any material changes to this policy, such as through a notice on our Platform, however, you should look at this policy regularly to check for such changes. Your continued access to or use of the Services after the date of the updated policy constitutes your deemed acceptance of the updated policy. If you do not agree to the updated policy, you must stop accessing or using the Services.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to CWAT APPS PVT. LTD. at email address of firstname.lastname@example.org